Amanda-Users

Re: Example Disklist for a disk larger than 1 tape.

2004-02-03 13:17:18
Subject: Re: Example Disklist for a disk larger than 1 tape.
From: "mnmis mnmis" <mnmis AT hotmail DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2004 12:13:58 -0600

On Tue, Feb 03, 2004 at 08:38:22AM -0600, mnmis mnmis wrote:

> Here is my example of the disklist file.
>
> webmn.checkpt.com sda1 a {
>        comp-root-tar-a
>        exclude "./var/www/htdocs/jobfiles/*"
>        } -1 local
>
> webmn.checkpt.com sda1 b {
>        comp-root-tar-b
>        } -1 local

> What am I doing wrong?

In a compound disklist entry, the order is:

   host    entry_name     device_or_directory  { ...

You have put the device or directory name into the DLE entry name field.
The entry names can be anything with meaning to YOU, even 'foo' and 'bar'
would be ok, but the host + entry names must be unique.

--

Thanks guys for your help.

The examples were confusing me too much. Some days I just need a nap.

I am testing the settings and will report back any problems.

mnmis

What are the 5 hot job markets for 2004? Click here to find out. http://msn.careerbuilder.com/Custom/MSN/CareerAdvice/WPI_WhereWillWeFindJobsIn2004.htm?siteid=CBMSN3006&sc_extcmp=JS_wi08_dec03_hotmail1