Amanda-Users

Re: amanda tar

2004-02-03 02:50:40
Subject: Re: amanda tar
From: BRINER Cedric <work AT infomaniak DOT ch>
To: amanda <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2004 08:44:38 +0100
hello stefan,

> Hello, Cedric,

>>> obslin13:/export/diskA1/user1_unsaved BC> directory which should no be backuped.

> SG>> Exclude /home/user1/unsaved by using the parameter "exclude".
>
> BC> still be very confusing on why AMANDA is wanting to download /home/user1
> BC> when I'm asking it to download /export/diskA1/user1???
>
> BC> Ok I'll get a look in the exclude...but I was quite not wanting to do this!
>
> From your mail it does not get clear if you have installed the
> AMANDA-client on obslin13.

yes I did... amanda is an client

> As you seem to have mounted it via NFS, you could just add it to your
> disklist like:
>
> <amanda-server-name> /home/user1 comp-user-tar
>
> If you have the AMANDA-client on obslin13, your setup seems ok, but
> just add the exclude-line and it will work.

I've just did it like this for historical reason, and because it will avoid me from maintaining the exclude file. Anyway I think I'll do it your way.
the mount tab like:
/home/user1 / obslin13:/export/diskA1

and I will specifie amanda not exlude all the ./unsaved/*

> Seems like AMANDA tries to determine the diskdevice by looking at
> fstab.

fstab? /etc/fstab? I dont think so..but maybe it uses the mttab

> Is obslin13 the AMANDA-server itself?

nop, obslin13 is only an amanda-client?

thanks a lot for your time

Regards