Amanda-Users

Re: Example Disklist for a disk larger than 1 tape.

2004-02-03 10:02:23
Subject: Re: Example Disklist for a disk larger than 1 tape.
From: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
To: mnmis mnmis <mnmis AT hotmail DOT com>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 10:00:23 -0500 (EST)
On Tue, 3 Feb 2004 at 8:38am, mnmis mnmis wrote

> webmn.checkpt.com sda1 a {
>         comp-root-tar-a
>         exclude "./var/www/htdocs/jobfiles/*"
>         } -1 local
>
> webmn.checkpt.com sda1 b {
>         comp-root-tar-b
>         } -1 local
>
> Sample dumptypes.
>
> define dumptype comp-root-tar-a {
>     global
>     program "GNUTAR"
>     comment "root partitions dumped with tar"
>     exclude "./var/www/htdocs/jobfiles/*"
>     priority low
>     compress client fast
> }
>
> define dumptype comp-root-tar-b {
>     global
>     program "GNUTAR"
>     comment "root partitions dumped with tar"
>     include "./var/www/htdocs/jobfiles/*"
>     priority low
>     compress client fast

Here's a sample from one of my configs:

$HOST         /moredata/mlp6/tetrad/FEM/D3PLOTS               {
               comp
               exclude "./a0p5*"
               } 1
$HOST         /moredata/mlp6/tetrad/FEM/D3PLOTS/a0p5          comp

where the 'comp' dumptype is very basic.  One problem I see above is that
you are specifying your exclude and include in two places.  My example
keeps it all in the disklist, where it's easy to see.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering