Amanda-Users

Re: Example Disklist for a disk larger than 1 tape.

2004-02-02 15:32:44
Subject: Re: Example Disklist for a disk larger than 1 tape.
From: "mnmis mnmis" <mnmis AT hotmail DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2004 14:29:15 -0600
From: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
To: mnmis mnmis <mnmis AT hotmail DOT com>
CC: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 15:19:33 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 2 Feb 2004 at 2:01pm, mnmis mnmis wrote

> I am wondering if anyone has an example disklist file for backing up a drive
> to multible tapes?
>
> I am using Amanda to backup a local drive (sda1) that is too large for 1
> tape.
> I would like to spread it across to multible tapes.
>
> I cannot seem to figure out how to do it with the sample disklist.

You cannot have one DLE (disk list entry) that is larger than a tape.  To
split it up, use GNUTAR as your backup program and put subdirectories of
the partition in the disklist.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering

I am using GNUTAR, but what is the format of the disklist file?

I want to backup the whole disk except /var/www/htdocs on 1 tape and the directory /var/www/htdocs on another tape.

How would I do this?

mnmis

Learn how to choose, serve, and enjoy wine at Wine @ MSN. http://wine.msn.com/