Amanda-Users

Re: Example Disklist for a disk larger than 1 tape.

2004-02-03 10:22:01
Subject: Re: Example Disklist for a disk larger than 1 tape.
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 10:19:54 -0500
On Tuesday 03 February 2004 09:38, mnmis mnmis wrote:
gaack! Don't include the whole header
[snip]
>>Make two nearly identical dumptypes, but give one the base dir and
>> an exclude pattern.  Call this one A.
>>
>>Give the other one a full path to the desired directory and no
>> exclude file.  Call this one B.
>>
>>Then use a dumptype of A or B in the disklist entry.
>>
>>--
>
>Here is my example of the disklist file.
>
>webmn.checkpt.com sda1 a {
>        comp-root-tar-a
>        exclude "./var/www/htdocs/jobfiles/*"
>        } -1 local
>
>webmn.checkpt.com sda1 b {
>        comp-root-tar-b
>        } -1 local

This isn't what I meant, the disklist entries don't have to be that
complex at all.  They should look like this:

coyote  /home                   comp-coyote-tar 1       local
gene    /home                   comp-gene-tar   2       le0

Now, if you have a /home/jeremy/data

webmn.checkpt.com /home/jeremy/data comp.coyote.tar 1 local

and a

webmn.checkpt.com /home/jeremy/data/private comp-gene-tar 1 local

that you don't want in the /home/jeremy collection, you add the

./private

line to the exclude files contents, which in your examples would be:

    exclude list "./var/www/htdocs/jobfiles/*"

>Sample dumptypes.
>
>define dumptype comp-root-tar-a {
>    global
>    program "GNUTAR"
>    comment "root partitions dumped with tar"
>    exclude "./var/www/htdocs/jobfiles/*"
>    priority low
>    compress client fast
>}
>
>define dumptype comp-root-tar-b {
>    global
>    program "GNUTAR"
>    comment "root partitions dumped with tar"
>    include "./var/www/htdocs/jobfiles/*"
>    priority low
>    compress client fast
>}

First, you are missing the 'yes' on the index line

>Here are the errors that I receive.
>
>"/usr/local/etc/amanda/amanda.conf/disklist", line 22: duplicate
> disk record, previous on line 17
>"/usr/local/etc/amanda/amanda.conf/disklist", line 24: dumptype
>custom(webmn.checkpt.com:sda1) already defined on line 17
>amcheck: could not load disklist
> /usr/local/etc/amanda/amanda.conf/disklist

For the DLE's you quoted, this is correct, you do have 2 definitions
for sda.  This is wrong because it names the raw device, not
the /partition or /path/to/dir on the device.

Now for dumptypes, here for uncompressed directories:
-----
define dumptype root-tar {
    global
    program "GNUTAR"
    comment "root partitions dumped with tar"
    compress none
    priority low
}

define dumptype coyote-tar {
        root-tar
        exclude list "/amanda/.config-bak"
}

define dumptype gene-tar {
        root-tar
}
-----
And for compressed directories:
-----

define dumptype comp-root-tar {
    root-tar
    comment "Root partitions with compression"
    compress client best
    comprate 0.40, 0.44
}

define dumptype comp-coyote-tar {
        comp-root-tar
        exclude list "/amanda/.config-bak"
}

define dumptype comp-gene-tar {
        comp-root-tar
}
-----

Anytime you include another dumptype, it must have previously occured
in the file, forward references don't work.  Also for the picky, the
index = yes line is in my 'global'

Does this help to visualize what you need to  do?

Also, this is *my* method, there are in fact probably at least 4 or 5
other ways to draw a ring around the bush containing the rabbit
you're going to have for lunch here, all of which will do the job. :)

-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
by Gene Heskett are: