Amanda-Users

Re: was: Re: Using amrestore - some help needed

2004-01-09 09:47:46
Subject: Re: was: Re: Using amrestore - some help needed
From: Eric Sproul <esproul AT ntelos DOT net>
To: AMANDA Users <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2004 09:13:30 -0500
On Fri, 2004-01-09 at 07:23, Joshua Baker-LePain wrote:
> You can run 'amtoc' after each night's backups, and store the results on
> another machine.  That gives you the order.

This is an awesome idea.  This is why I follow this list.  I probably
never would given amtoc a second thought otherwise.  :)

So I tried this out, and I have a question:  Some of the size figures in
my amtoc output have '*' prepended to them, and at the bottom of the
report I see '*  size:on_tape'.  What does this mean for the figures
that are noted this way (only 3 of 151 DLEs was marked)?  How are they
different from the others?

Thanks,
Eric