Amanda-Users

Re: Amanda Schedule

2003-12-31 13:47:59
Subject: Re: Amanda Schedule
From: tobias.bluhm AT philips DOT com
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 13:43:01 -0500
Jon LaBadie:

>>On Wed, Dec 31, 2003 at 11:08:10AM -0600, tobias.bluhm AT philips DOT com
>>wrote:
>> Aaron Smith:
>>
>> >                Is there a way to tell Amanda something along the lines
>> of "When coming
>> >up with your schedule of which machine to back up first, always do THESE
>> >two machines first..."?
>>

>> You could  use the "starttime" parameter in the DLE and give it an
>> absolute time to start the backup.
>
>Is that an absolute time it will start or a "not before" time?
>Perhaps to force one to run earliest, the others should have a
>starttime set to later than the dump begins.

Hmm . . looking at the man pages, you're right. But I remember playing with it
some time ago & varying the starttime up & down my backup window, I got the
impression it worked like it as absolute time. Perhaps I was just fooling
myself - again.

Have a good New Year!

toby bluhm
philips medical systems, it support, mr development, cleveland ohio
tobias.bluhm AT philips DOT com
440-483-5323