Amanda-Users

Re: Amanda Schedule

2003-12-31 12:56:34
Subject: Re: Amanda Schedule
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 12:52:57 -0500
On Wed, Dec 31, 2003 at 11:08:10AM -0600, tobias.bluhm AT philips DOT com wrote:
> Aaron Smith:
>
> >                Is there a way to tell Amanda something along the lines
> of "When coming
> >up with your schedule of which machine to back up first, always do THESE
> >two machines first..."?
>

> You could  use the "starttime" parameter in the DLE and give it an
> absolute time to start the backup.

Is that an absolute time it will start or a "not before" time?
Perhaps to force one to run earliest, the others should have a
starttime set to later than the dump begins.

Another option that "may" help is the dumporder option.  I'm guessing
the DLE of interest, being a database, is large, possibly the largest
DLE.  With dumporder you can specify do the larger one first.

jl
 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)