Amanda-Users

Re: Amanda Schedule

2003-12-31 13:17:12
Subject: Re: Amanda Schedule
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org, Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 13:05:41 -0500
On Wednesday 31 December 2003 12:52, Jon LaBadie wrote:
>On Wed, Dec 31, 2003 at 11:08:10AM -0600, tobias.bluhm AT philips DOT com
wrote:
>> Aaron Smith:
>> >                Is there a way to tell Amanda something along the
>> > lines
>>
>> of "When coming
>>
>> >up with your schedule of which machine to back up first, always
>> > do THESE two machines first..."?
>>
>> You could  use the "starttime" parameter in the DLE and give it an
>> absolute time to start the backup.
>
>Is that an absolute time it will start or a "not before" time?
>Perhaps to force one to run earliest, the others should have a
>starttime set to later than the dump begins.
>
>Another option that "may" help is the dumporder option.  I'm
> guessing the DLE of interest, being a database, is large, possibly
> the largest DLE.  With dumporder you can specify do the larger one
> first.
>
>jl

That should help Jon, although it seems the actual dumporder string is
just a hint.  It will start the big one first, but unless spindle
numbers get in the way, it will do smaller ones first, as they become
available, until the big one is ready to tape.  Or at least thats how
it seemed to work here.  But that should move it up enough to fix the
original posters problem I'd think.

AMD K6-III@500mhz 320M
Athlon1600XP@1400mhz  512M
by Gene Heskett are: