Amanda-Users

Amanda Schedule

2003-12-31 11:52:15
Subject: Amanda Schedule
From: Aaron Smith <asmith AT nexcerpt DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 11:49:19 -0500
        Is there a way to tell Amanda something along the lines of "When coming
up with your schedule of which machine to back up first, always do THESE
two machines first..."?
        The reason I ask is that we have a couple of database machines that
generally work pretty hard most of the day, with a more "idle"
maintenance time in the middle of the night.  It's during this
maintenance time that I have amanda scheduled to do it's backup run.
However, most of the time, Amanda schedules one or both of these
machines to be backed up at the end of the run, so they start running
tar processes and everything else AFTER the maintenance time has expired
and they start in on their heavy lifting again.  If possible, I'd like
to tell Amanda to start with these machines FIRST to insure that they
are done backing up during this window of low activity.

Is this possible?

Aaron Smith                             vox: 269.226.9550 ext.26
Network Director                        fax: 269.349.9076
Nexcerpt, Inc.                          http://www.nexcerpt.com

        ...Nexcerpt... Extend Your Expertise