Amanda-Users

Re: Amanda Schedule

2003-12-31 13:27:55
Subject: Re: Amanda Schedule
From: Aaron Smith <asmith AT nexcerpt DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 13:25:04 -0500
        The partitions in question aren't very big actually.  3 or 4 gigs a
piece for a total of about 12 gig on each machine.  Where do you define
"dumporder"?  I can't find any mention of it in any of the docs I have.
I'm currently running the Redhat RPM version of Amanda 2.4.2p2.
        If I increase the "inparallel" parameter in amanda.conf, it's my
understanding that this will determine the number of concurrent dumpers
that run at one time.  Does this mean more tar processes running on the
client machine at once?  i.e., if inparallel is set to 3, then there
could (depending on the schedule) be three disk partitions being backed
up at once on the same client machine?

On Wed, 2003-12-31 at 12:52, Jon LaBadie wrote:

> > You could  use the "starttime" parameter in the DLE and give it an
> > absolute time to start the backup.
>
> Is that an absolute time it will start or a "not before" time?
> Perhaps to force one to run earliest, the others should have a
> starttime set to later than the dump begins.
>
> Another option that "may" help is the dumporder option.  I'm guessing
> the DLE of interest, being a database, is large, possibly the largest
> DLE.  With dumporder you can specify do the larger one first.
>
> jl
Aaron Smith                             vox: 269.226.9550 ext.26
Network Director                        fax: 269.349.9076
Nexcerpt, Inc.                          http://www.nexcerpt.com

        ...Nexcerpt... Extend Your Expertise