Amanda-Users

Re: lots of virus e-mails & spam

2003-11-17 06:01:42
Subject: Re: lots of virus e-mails & spam
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: Steven Clark <steven.clark AT planb-inc DOT com>, Phil Homewood <pdh AT snapgear DOT com>, amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 06:00:34 -0500
On Monday 17 November 2003 02:57, Steven Clark wrote:
><snip>
>
>>(Seriously, though: can we shoot the people who send this
>>virus responder junk here? Or at least reject their mail
>>at amanda.org before it gets to the lists? Please?)
>
>Well I am the admin of one of the irresponsible virus responders,
> which I will be whitelisting all the @amanda.org addresses when I
> get into the office on Monday. But in my defense the program is
> acting in the normal sense since no headers are being set letting
> MailScanner identify this email being from a mailling list...
>
>Anyways sorry for the inconvience, no need to shoot me...
>
>-Steve

Aww, gee Steve, you're taking all the fun out of it!  Besides, we need
the target practice.  But frankly, what we'ed like to do is format
the hard drives of the machines sending this crap.  Its p-poor
maintainance that allows it to occur. :-)

AMD K6-III@500mhz 320M
Athlon1600XP@1400mhz  512M
by Gene Heskett are: