Amanda-Users

Re: lots of virus e-mails & spam

2003-11-16 17:21:07
Subject: Re: lots of virus e-mails & spam
From: Phil Homewood <pdh AT snapgear DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 08:18:57 +1000
Willy Wittesaele wrote:
> it's now about 1 week that i'm subscribed to this list
> because I just started using the amanda backup program
> and this is the list that generates the most of spam and/or virusses

Ah, You want the amanda *backup* program. This appears to be the
Antisocial Misdirected Autoresponder Notification Dumping Archive.
I made the same mistake.

:-/

(Seriously, though: can we shoot the people who send this
virus responder junk here? Or at least reject their mail
at amanda.org before it gets to the lists? Please?)
--
Phil Homewood, Systems Janitor, http://www.SnapGear.com
pdh AT snapgear DOT com Ph: +61 7 3435 2810 Fx: +61 7 3891 3630