Amanda-Users

Rackable IDE-RAID1 Harddisk Backup System

2003-11-13 05:45:45
Subject: Rackable IDE-RAID1 Harddisk Backup System
From: "R.M. Evers" <amanda AT hbh-it DOT nl>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 11:42:04 +0100
hi everyone,

i'm new to this list, so please be kind if i'm asking something that has
been asked for a thousand times already. but this list seems to be the
best place to ask :-)

we are running a small ISP, and i've been using amanda for backups for
quite a while now and never ran into trouble. it really is a fantastic
backup system. backup media has been dds tapes.

not too far from now, we are going to move all our servers to a
datacenter, which made me decide to buy a brand new rackable
hot-swappable ide-raid1 system to do the backups. debian is my OS of
choice. my questions are directed to those who have any experience with
this kind of setup. so, it boils down to this:

- is amanda easy to configure to dump to harddisk instead of tapes?
- is there some kind of 'ready-to-go' rackable hot-swappable ide-raid
  server i can buy (ide-raid compatible with linux, of course..)?

thanks in advance.

kind regards,
rodi.