Amanda-Users

Re: Getting AMANDA stats without e-mail

2003-11-07 09:47:01
Subject: Re: Getting AMANDA stats without e-mail
From: Brian Cuttler <brian AT wadsworth DOT org>
To: Bob Zahn <bzahn AT zeus.okccc DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2003 09:44:11 -0500 (EST)
Bob,

I'd never heard that - nor has it been a problem at my site where we
do run sendmail - clients (non-hub) on all but one amanda server.

We have also run an amanda server on our mailhub with no difficulty.

The one exception I meantioned above is for a firewall system backing
up the clients (itself plus one in dmz) but not transmitting any mail
by choice of our security admin who didn't want any mail leaving the dmz.
ie: That is not because of amanda issues.

Is this just something you where told or have you run into a difficulty
and if so, what ?