Amanda-Users

Getting AMANDA stats without e-mail

2003-11-06 17:49:21
Subject: Getting AMANDA stats without e-mail
From: Bob Zahn <bzahn AT zeus.okccc DOT edu>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2003 16:51:05 -0600
I've been told that I can not run sendmail or any mail system on the Sun Solaris server that I run the Amanda server on. Does anyone know how I can get the reports that I have normally sent to root's e-mail system some other way? Is their an option to getting the e-mails like in a report file? I know that I can put another e-mail address in the amanda.conf file. But, without sendmail running on my solaris system I have no way of sending it to another e-mail system. I think the e-mail will just hang in the mqueue folder until I delete it. Thanks.
Bob...

Bob Zahn UNIX Systems Adminstrator Oklahoma City Community College
bzahn AT okccc DOT edu  405.682.1611.7619  7777 S. May Avenue
bzahn AT zeus.okccc DOT edu               Oklahoma City, OK 73159