Amanda-Users

RE: amcheck passed however amdump failed

2003-11-04 01:19:15
Subject: RE: amcheck passed however amdump failed
From: "Dana Bourgeois" <em-lists AT netgods DOT us>
To: "'Jason Lavigne'" <jlavigne AT bwlogic DOT com>, "'Matt Hyclak'" <hyclak AT math.ohiou DOT edu>, <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 22:16:59 -0800
I had this same problem on a SUSE8.1 box, brand new install.  amcheck showed
it was all good but the backups failed (and failed and failed and failed
while I tore my hair out....).  Problem was dump doesn't work on reiserFS.
Found it in the client logs in /var somewhere.  Same problem with another
SUSE8.1 box with a RAID partition.  Dump works fine on ext2 and ext3
partitions on SUSE8.1 but not on other file systems.  GNUTAR was my friend.

Dana Bourgeois