Amanda-Users

RE: Strange Error - Again :///

2003-11-04 01:14:31
Subject: RE: Strange Error - Again :///
From: "Dana Bourgeois" <em-lists AT netgods DOT us>
To: "'Roberto Samarone Araújo \(RSA\)'" <rsa AT gr.iesam-pa.edu DOT br>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 22:12:47 -0800
On Solaris I'd guess that you added the device but didn't run the scripts to
rebuild the /dev directory.  Has kudzu added your new hardware?  Can you
read and write with dd?  Are your SCSI targets good with proper termination?

Start from the bottom at the SCSI card/BIOS and work your way up.  If dd
doesn't work, Amanda certainly won't.

Dana Bourgeois