Amanda-Users

amcheck passed however amdump failed

2003-11-03 14:43:54
Subject: amcheck passed however amdump failed
From: "Jason Lavigne" <jlavigne AT bwlogic DOT com>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 14:40:31 -0500

Hello all,

This I my first time posting to this list and I am very new to Amanda, thank you for understanding if this is a rookie question.

I have setup Amanda to backup 8 FreeBSD servers, all the Amanda clients appear to be working just fine except for one server. For the life of me I don’t know what is wrong with the setup on this one server so I was hoping someone here could help.

The error message I get is simply

FAILURE AND STRANGE DUMP SUMMARY:

  dns1.bwlog /usr/local/www lev 0 FAILED [Request to dns1.bwlogic.com timed out.]

  dns1.bwlog /usr/local/vpopmail lev 0 FAILED [Request to dns1.bwlogic.com timed out.]

  dns1.bwlog /var/log lev 0 FAILED [Request to dns1.bwlogic.com timed out.]

  dns1.bwlog /etc lev 0 FAILED [Request to dns1.bwlogic.com timed out.]

however doing an amcheck it passes just fine. As far as I can tell everything is fine on this server, the only thing I can think of is upgrading this install to the latest version as it is currently running 2.4.3b2 and my other servers are running 2.4.3b4.

Any thoughts?

TIA

Jay