Amanda-Users

Strange Error - Again :///

2003-11-03 12:52:01
Subject: Strange Error - Again :///
From: Roberto Samarone Araújo (RSA) <rsa AT gr.iesam-pa.edu DOT br>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 14:54:21 -0800
Hi,

      I have an Amanda Backup that was working fine now, when I try to use:
su -c "/usr/sbin/amlabel Daily1 DAILY1-01" backup, the system return me:

           st0: Error with sense data: Current st09:00: sense key Medium
Error
           Additional sense indicates Write error
           mt: /dev/tape: Input/Output error

       If I try: mt erase /dev/st0, it return me:

            st0: Error with sense data: Current st09:00: sense key Medium
Error
            Additional sense indicates Write error
            mt: /dev/tape: Input/Output error

        I change my SDT-9000 tape to a new one and the problem persist.

        I saw on the logs the messages:

            st0: Block limits 1 - 16777215 bytes
            st0: Error with sense data: Current st09:00 sense key Medium
Error
            Additional sense indicates Write error

        I put this device and controller in a  Windows2000 machine and it
worked fine.  When I used it on Windows, it asked me to format the media so,
I think I need to format the media on Linux too but, how to do it ?

                        Thanks,

            Roberto Samarone Araujo