Amanda-Users

RE: service looping/terminating

2003-09-04 11:57:20
Subject: RE: service looping/terminating
From: lance dillon <ldillon AT sk-tech DOT com>
To: "'amanda-users AT amanda DOT org'" <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2003 10:47:58 -0500
On Thu, 2003-09-04 at 10:46, Ripley, Scott wrote:
> >By "non-working" do you mean ldd says they are not found?
>
> >If that is the case I think amandad will start, look for all its
> >libraries in the "dlopen" routine before "main" and terminate
> >when it can't locate every library it "requires". Gotta resolve that.

Usually when it says "looping, failed, disabling" (whatever), it means
that the program failed to run for some reason, so inetd is restarting
it over and over again, until it gives up.  Try to run the program
manually:

/usr/local/libexec/amandad

and see what kind of error message it comes back with, if any....