Amanda-Users

RE: service looping/terminating

2003-09-04 15:20:15
Subject: RE: service looping/terminating
From: "Ripley, Scott" <Scott.Ripley AT mail.house DOT gov>
To: "'Amanda Admin'" <amanda AT denverdata DOT com>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 15:15:38 -0400
Well, here's a little perl script my college roommate tossed off for me:

#!/usr/bin/perl

use Socket;

$host = $ARGV[0];

($name,$aliases,$addrtype,$length,@addrs) = gethostbyname($host);

foreach $addr (@addrs)

{

    $straddr = inet_ntoa($addr);

    print "$host:  $straddr\n";

}

Unfortunately, it returns exactly the same thing on both server and client,
forward and reverse.

While $FUNDS <= $DEBT
do
        While $current_time < 1520EDT
        Do
                Work
        Done

$FUNDS++
Cd $HOME
Done

Exit 0

Scott Ripley
DNS/VPN Administrator, HIR-Communications
U.S. House of Representatives
202.226.2833
mailto:scott.ripley AT mail.house DOT gov