Amanda-Users

Re: Service looping/terminating...

2003-09-04 12:00:23
Subject: Re: Service looping/terminating...
From: "Ripley, Scott" <Scott.Ripley AT mail.house DOT gov>
To: "'amanda-users AT amanda DOT org'" <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 11:58:37 -0400
>Does amandad run as root on all your Solaris boxes? I configured my
>Solaris clients to run as the user amanda and wonder if trying to use
>the root user to run the client is the problem.

No, amandad is set to run as amanda. See below (from config.log):
./configure --with-user=amanda --with-group=backup

# ls -l /usr/local/libexec
-rwxr-xr-x   1 amanda   backup     90820 Sep  2 14:50 amandad

This is not my usual statement. In an effort to pare down the possibilities,
I left out most of the settings.

Scott Ripley
DNS/VPN Administrator, HIR-Communications
U.S. House of Representatives
202.226.2833
mailto:scott.ripley AT mail.house DOT gov