Amanda-Users

Re: cygwin + amanda install

2003-07-30 05:13:04
Subject: Re: cygwin + amanda install
From: Stefano Coletta <creator AT mindcreations DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 10:40:50 +0200
I've successfully installed cygwin with Amanda for backing up Windows machines... but I've a big problem.

After the first installation that actually works perfectly, other subsequent installations on other PCs are not generating indexes. I had no time in the past days to investigate the problem thus I've made by best to replicate subsequent installations like the first one.

If you dig in the mailing list archives you can find details of this problem (reported by me) that has not been answered by anyone.

Essentially on the server side it writes an index file of zero bytes: in the logs present in the client and server there is no evidence of a "problem" while generating indexes or other types of problems.