Amanda-Users

Re: amrecover problem

2003-07-30 04:40:44
Subject: Re: amrecover problem
From: Paul Bijnens <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>
To: AMANDA Users <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 10:27:12 +0200
Yogish wrote:

> 'amrecover -C normal -s borkerserver'
> 501, no index records for the host brokerserver, Invalid?
> amrecover> sethost localhost
> no index records for host :localhost Invalid?

I would expect another errormessage here:
  "No index records for host: %s. Have you enabled indexing?"

Is the above really the complete errormessage?
What Amanda version are you running?

> define dumptype global {
>     comment "Global definitions"
>     # ...
>     # You may want to use this for globally enabling or disabling
>     # indexing, recording, etc.  Some examples:
>     # index yes
>     # record no
> }
>
> define dumptype always-full {
>     global
>     comment "Full dump of this filesystem always"
>     compress server fast
>     priority high
>     dumpcycle 1
> }

You see above that "index yes" is commented out.
Remove the comments or add "index yes" to the always-full
dumptype.
You could have found this, by executing the command:

  amadmin normal disklist localhost | grep index

(I believe this command does not exist in versions older
than amanda 2.4.2 .)

In disklist you call your host "localhost" so you should call
it "localhost" everywhere.  (And that's just the reason to avoid
"localhost", because "localhost" on another host points to a different
computer - confusion garuanteed!)