Amanda-Users

cygwin + amanda install

2003-07-29 11:07:26
Subject: cygwin + amanda install
From: Matthew Moffitt <moffitt.10 AT sociology.osu DOT edu>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 11:04:02 -0400
Sorry for dropping the subject line earlier, this is just a re-send with a more
helpful subject.

I've been working with the cygwin/amanda installation and have gradually
increased the etimeout/dtimeout settings all the way up to:

etimeout 14400
dtimeout 14400

thinking that the 'index tee cannot write' error was coming from the server not
seeing anything for awhile.  However, even at this level it quits after 2.5
hours and I only have the following errors to work from.  The sendbackup log at
the client doesn't show anything more revealing.

Is anybody successfully backing up Windows 2000 PCs with this combination?  I'm
not sure why the server seems to abort the connection after a period of time.
I've been following recommendations from others at
http://randomnotes.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Amanda-Cygwin-HOWTO.html and on the
mailing list.

Thanks,

-Matt

---------------------------------------

FAILED AND STRANGE DUMP DETAILS:

/-- bw096      /c lev 0 STRANGE
sendbackup: start [bw096:/c level 0]
sendbackup: info BACKUP=/usr/bin/tar
sendbackup: info RECOVER_CMD=/usr/bin/tar -f... -
sendbackup: info end
? sendbackup: index tee cannot write [Connection reset by peer]
? sed: Couldn't flush stdout: Connection reset by peer
? index returned 1
??error [/usr/bin/tar got signal 13]? dumper: strange [missing size line from
sendbackup]
? dumper: strange [missing end line from sendbackup]
\--------