Amanda-Users

Re: amrecover Problem

2003-07-24 15:42:24
Subject: Re: amrecover Problem
From: Frank Smith <fsmith AT hoovers DOT com>
To: Yogish <yogish.gk AT ahsinc DOT com>, amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 14:40:11 -0500

--On Thursday, July 24, 2003 12:10:28 -0600 Yogish <yogish.gk AT ahsinc DOT
com> wrote:

> Hi
> I am trying to get into amrecover on the server, but it says the
> connection refused. I typed 'amrecover -C normal -s localhost'. I have
> also entered the name of the host on .amandahosts. Can anyone suggest
> why this problem might be occuring. I am not sure if amanda uses the
> ethernet interface to do recover,if this is not the case, then it should
> not encpunter any problem with Firewall settings.
> wainting for replies
> Yogish

Do you have entries in inetd.conf (or xinetd if you are using that) for
the amandaidx and amidxtape services?  And did you remember to restart
(x)inetd after adding them?  Also check to see there is anything in
your system logs about errors starting those processes.
   There's also the chance you have paranoid settings in your hosts.allow
and hosts.denied files.

Frank

--
Frank Smith                                             fsmith AT hoovers DOT
com