Amanda-Users

chg-multi says no tape online

2003-07-11 14:41:42
Subject: chg-multi says no tape online
From: "Kurt Yoder" <kylist AT shcorp DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 14:38:49 -0400 (EDT)
Hello list

I recently switched amanda servers, and copied a manual chg-multi
config from a previous amanda server with a functioning
configuration. On the new server amcheck is giving me this message:

amcheck-server: slot /usr/lib/amanda/chg-multi:: no tape online

But the tape device is definitely accessible. "mt status" returns
normal information, and normal, non-chg-multi backups work fine.
/dev/tape is symlinked to /dev/nst0, and chg-multi script is
theoretically referencing /dev/nst0 anyway.

Why is it doing this, and how do I fix it?

Thanks

--
Kurt Yoder
Sport & Health network administrator