Amanda-Users

Re: chg-multi says no tape online

2003-07-15 13:31:28
Subject: Re: chg-multi says no tape online
From: Paul Bijnens <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>
To: Kurt Yoder <kylist AT shcorp DOT com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 19:29:52 +0200
Kurt Yoder wrote:

Yes. Unfortunately I can't find the documentation that said how to
do this any more. However, one does it by setting run-tapes to some
number and tpchanger to chg-multi. Then in the changerfile one
specifies a single slot pointing to the tape drive device, firstslot
1 and lastslot 1.

That's indeed about the setup I have.  I have two drives configured
in chg-multi and I have runtapes set to 3.  Two tapes are filled by
amanda, and the rest is left in the holdingdisk, which I flush manually
on monday morning.

My relevant lines in amanda.conf:

runtapes 3 # number of tapes to be used in a single run of amdump
tpchanger "chg-multi"   # the tape-changer glue script
#tapedev "/dev/rmt/2ln" # the no-rewind tape device to be used
#rawtapedev "/dev/null" # the raw device to be used (ftape only)
changerfile "/var/opt/amanda/etc/archive/chg-multi.conf"
#changerdev "/dev/null"

(Notice that some lines, like changedev are indeed commented out!)

And my chg-multi.conf:

multieject 0
firstslot 1
lastslot 2
gravity 0
needeject 0
ejectdelay 0
statefile /var/opt/amanda/archive/changer-status
slot 1 /dev/nst0
slot 2 /dev/nst1