Amanda-Users

Re: Dumps way too big...

2003-07-09 09:52:24
Subject: Re: Dumps way too big...
From: "SIMTech" <jasonp AT SIMTech.a-star.edu DOT sg>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2003 21:52:27 +0800
> If this is a new DLE, it must get a level 0 first.
> I'm guessing that the level 0 has never been done
> and this is what is "way too big".

Yes John. You are right on this....

> The confusing message is planner trying to estimate
> a level 1, then finding out it is not allowed to
> do a level 1 ("must skip incrmental dumps").

This is what I thought, but when, if ever will that directory get dumped?
Should I used amadmin to force it to level 0 on the next run? I thought it
would have done it when I added the directory, but you are right, it never
did a level 0 to begin with...

> BTW those duplicate paths in the report are just different
> paths truncated to a common part in the report, right?

Right again John. They are in fact not duplicate entries of the same
directory.

>>From the above,
>I'd break both /home, and /Documents up into at least 3 pieces each.

Also thanks to Gene. I will see if I can compel the users to break their
directories down into more manageable shares.

Thanks for your help guys. I will give it a try and see what happens.