Amanda-Users

Re: Dumps way too big...

2003-07-09 07:53:09
Subject: Re: Dumps way too big...
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2003 07:52:02 -0400
On Wed, Jul 09, 2003 at 04:55:05PM +0800, Jason P.Pickering wrote:
> I recently added a directory to be backed up and this is the message that
> I get..

> So, it would seem that even if the Level 1 dump is 5.8 gigs (according to
> the planner) I shuold be able to handle it.
>
> Does anyone know how to correct this?

> FAILURE AND STRANGE DUMP SUMMARY:
> jtlinux.SI //yinling/MyDocuments lev 1 FAILED [dumps way too big, must skip
> incremental dumps]

If this is a new DLE, it must get a level 0 first.
I'm guessing that the level 0 has never been done
and this is what is "way too big".
The confusing message is planner trying to estimate
a level 1, then finding out it is not allowed to
do a level 1 ("must skip incrmental dumps").

BTW those duplicate paths in the report are just different
paths truncated to a common part in the report, right?

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)