Amanda-Users

Amanda asking for tapes out of rotation...

2003-07-09 09:04:15
Subject: Amanda asking for tapes out of rotation...
From: Pro-Fit <profit2k AT yahoo DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2003 05:59:27 -0700 (PDT)
Hello,

I'm getting some weird requests from amanda.  It keeps
asking for one tape, but will dump to the correct tape
every now and then...

Here's what I mean:

I have a 20 tape rotation, and my tapes are labeled
Weeklyset0101 - 0105; Weeklyset0201 -
0205;Weeklyset0301 - 0305; Weeklyset0401 - 0405.

Recently, the backups to Weeklyset0201,Weeklyset0202,
and Weeklyset0203 were successful (mon, tues, wed).
On thurs night amanda asked for Weeklyset0202 again.
Since I had in Weeklyset0204 in the drive, the backups
went to disk.  I did not flush on friday, however, the
backup on friday night worked to tape Weeklyset0205.
I find that rather odd...  Can anyone offer any
insight??

Thanks!
Michael