Amanda-Users

RE: Using Amanda without a tape changer

2003-05-23 15:29:09
Subject: RE: Using Amanda without a tape changer
From: donald.ritchey AT exeloncorp DOT com
To: pvz AT linux DOT se, rebecca AT unterlaw DOT com
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 15:14:51 -0500
A line-of-least-resistance response would be to put autoflush in the config
file and Amanda will automatically flush the existing files in the holding
directory before dumping that night's files.  Since we use DLT8000 tape
drives, which hold 40 GB native and the average size of a full backup is in
the order of 15 GB, this presents no problems.

Your mileage may vary....

Donald L. (Don) Ritchey