Amanda-Users

RE: andataco dlt library on Redhat.

2003-05-21 12:07:15
Subject: RE: andataco dlt library on Redhat.
From: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
To: "Block, John" <John.Block AT experian DOT com>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 11:41:52 -0400 (EDT)
On Wed, 21 May 2003 at 10:39am, Block, John wrote

> I am using GRUB, but have never tweaked the conf file.  Is it the same a
> lilo?  Here is what I tried and it didn't seem to have an effect.  I am

GRUB is different and, IMO, nicer.  You don't have to re-run it every time
you tweak the conf file.  Just change it, and you're done.

> using another SCSI library and it works along with the RAID controller and 3
> SCSI disks...
>
> title Red Hat with Additional LUN support
>         root (hd0,0)
>         kernel /vmlinuz-2.4.9-e.3 ro root=/dev/sda6
>         initrd /initrd-2.4.9-e.3.img
>         append "max_scsi_luns=8"
>
> Is this correct for GRUB?

Nope.  You can do the append yourself:

title Red Hat with Additional LUN support
        root (hd0,0)
        kernel /vmlinuz-2.4.9-e.3 ro root=/dev/sda6 max_scsi_luns=8
        initrd /initrd-2.4.9-e.3.img

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering