Amanda-Users

RE: andataco dlt library on Redhat.

2003-05-21 11:41:54
Subject: RE: andataco dlt library on Redhat.
From: "Block, John" <John.Block AT experian DOT com>
To: "'John Dalbec'" <jpdalbec AT ysu DOT edu>, Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 10:39:17 -0500
I am using GRUB, but have never tweaked the conf file.  Is it the same a
lilo?  Here is what I tried and it didn't seem to have an effect.  I am
using another SCSI library and it works along with the RAID controller and 3
SCSI disks...

title Red Hat with Additional LUN support
        root (hd0,0)
        kernel /vmlinuz-2.4.9-e.3 ro root=/dev/sda6
        initrd /initrd-2.4.9-e.3.img
        append "max_scsi_luns=8"

Is this correct for GRUB?

Here is what the SCSI devices look like right now.  The changer is
associated with the DLT2700.

[email protected]:IBM     SERVERAID       1.00|Disk, /dev/sg0
[email protected]:IBM     SERVERAID       1.00|Disk, /dev/sg1
[email protected]:IBM     SERVERAID       1.00|Disk, /dev/sg2
[email protected]:IBM     SERVERAID       1.00|Processor, /dev/sg3
[email protected]:DEC     TL800    (C) DEC0514|Autochanger (Jukebox), /dev/sg5
[email protected]:DEC     TZ89     (C) DEC2561|Tape, /dev/nst0
[email protected]:SGI     DLT2700         9615|Tape, /dev/nst1

Sorry for all of this "off-topic" stuff, but the goal is to get amanda
working and I thought that people who do use amanda would know the most
about getting the devices to work...

John