Amanda-Users

Re: Solaris bootstrap failing without gzip

2003-05-09 14:23:04
Subject: Re: Solaris bootstrap failing without gzip
From: Lance Dillon <ldillon AT sk-tech DOT com>
To: undisclosed-recipients:;
Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 13:19:51 -0500

I'm not sure if this will work, but you might try it:

Can you burn a cd real quick on another system?  Do you have access to a
gzip binary on another system?  Once you are booted up into single-user
mode from the Solaris cd, do you need to keep the cd mounted?  (I've only
used the cd a couple times, and never needed to use a different cd to get
other programs), or can you unmount it and mount a different cd?

If so, then real quick create a new cd, sort of like a rescue cd, with
some binaries you might need, like gzip, then mount it on the system, and
then your command could work....

Just a thought...