Amanda-Users

Re: Pornography

2003-03-20 15:38:29
Subject: Re: Pornography
From: Chris Johnson <chris AT sebis DOT com>
To: amanda-users <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 12:12:07 -0600
I use spamassasin. And I've never seen porno from this list. Although I don't think I'd mind too much (hehehe...). quit your whining and filter spam. The list is not the cause of spam, spammers are.

Frank Tore Johansen wrote:

If the spam was directly to you and not through the list, then the reason
is that the spammers search through webpages for email addresses, and since
most mailing lists have a web-archive, you really cannot expect your email
address to remain private after you post to a mailing list.

Stopping mail going indirectly through the mailing list should be easy thou,
using tools like spamassassin.

-Frank.