Amanda-Users

RE: Pornography

2003-03-20 11:34:59
Subject: RE: Pornography
From: donald.ritchey AT exeloncorp DOT com
To: sethw AT fhu.disa DOT mil, jlb17 AT duke DOT edu
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 08:58:33 -0600
The best solution is probably the easiest to do.

Restrict the mail relay for the mailing list to members only.

Whenever a member spams the list, he/she/it is removed from the list and
banned for some period of time (1 to 6 months seems reasonable).

Junk spams from outsiders should be dropped without comment.  Mail from
anyone else gets a reply that indicates that they should join the list to
post to it.

That's the way most of the lists I subscribe to are run.  Can we consider it
for Amanda's?

Thanks for reading.  Now back to your daily dose of SPAM.
(Note:  Attempted humor here.)

Don

Donald L. (Don) Ritchey