Amanda-Users

Re: columm widths in daily mail report

2003-01-30 13:31:07
Subject: Re: columm widths in daily mail report
From: Gene Heskett <gene_heskett AT iolinc DOT net>
To: stan <stanb AT awod DOT com>, amanda users list <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 12:55:39 -0500
On Thursday 30 January 2003 11:46, stan wrote:
>I have run into this question before, and I remember getting an
> answer on it, but unfortunately, I can't find the answer :-(, so
> i;m afraid I have to ask again.
>
>I've got a situation where some of the fields reported in the
> daily mail report, are bigger that there is space for. I need to
> know how to make these columns wider.
>
>Thanks.

>>From my amanda.conf here:
-------------------------
# The format for a ColumnSpec is a ',' seperated list of triples.
# Each triple consists of
#   + the name of the column (as in ColumnNameStrings)
#   + prefix before the column
#   + the width of the column, if set to -1 it will be recalculated
#     to the maximum length of a line to print.
# Example:
#       "Disk=1:17,HostName=1:10,OutKB=1:7"
# or
#       "Disk=1:-1,HostName=1:10,OutKB=1:7"
#
# You need only specify those colums that should be changed from
# the default. If nothing is specified in the configfile, the
# above compiled in values will be in effect, resulting in an
# output as it was all the time.
# The names of the colums are:
# HostName, Disk, Level, OrigKB, OutKB, Compress, DumpTime, DumpRate,
# TapeTime and TapeRate.
#                                                       ElB, 1999-02-24.
columnspec
"Disk=1:18,HostName=0:10,Level=1:3,OrigKB=1:9,OutKB=1:9,Compress=1:7,DumpTime=1:7,DumpRate=1:7,TapeTime=1:7,TapeRate=1:7"
which works pretty good here.

AMD K6-III@500mhz 320M
Athlon1600XP@1400mhz  512M