Amanda-Users

Re: question

2003-01-16 19:55:46
Subject: Re: question
From: Gene Heskett <gene_heskett AT iolinc DOT net>
To: David.Lee AT arvatousa DOT com, amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 19:15:57 -0500
On Thursday 16 January 2003 18:27, David.Lee AT arvatousa DOT com wrote:
>I installed and configured Amanda in our system (client/server).
>How do a back up?
>Could you please show me an example?
>
>Thanks!
>
>David

First, we have to assume that you've become the user 'amanda' and
that you've used the error catchers in amcheck to makes ure the
configration is correct.

In the user amanda's crontab, a couple of lines need to be added
------------------------------
15 11 * * *     /usr/local/sbin/amcheck -m DailySet1
# adjust the above 11:15am times to suit your operation
15 00 * * *     /usr/local/sbin/amdump DailySet1
# ditto for this midnight+15 minutes setting.
The -m in the first line will make amanda email you prompting for
the right tape if it is not already in the drive or robot magazine.

This will run amcheck and amdump everyday.

Is this what you wanted?

AMD K6-III@500mhz 320M
Athlon1600XP@1400mhz  512M