Amanda-Users

question

2003-01-26 20:17:16
Subject: question
From: "Lee, David, arvato services" <David.Lee AT arvatousa DOT com>
To: "'amanda-users AT amanda DOT org'" <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2003 18:06:11 -0500
I install amanda in our systems.
The tape server runs RHAT Linux 7.3
The client hosts are linux and Sun Solaris.
I got the following error when run 'amcheck' vs a Sun host (sun4u sparc
SUNW,Ultra-5_10):
I login the tape server as 'amanda'.

./amcheck DailySet1
Amanda Backup Client Hosts Check
--------------------------------
WARNING: gitpocs02: selfcheck request timed out.  Host down?
Client check: 1 host checked in 30.000 seconds, 1 problem found

I  check couple of places on the Sun host:
  'rsh' setup
  /etc/services
  /etc/inetd.conf

They are Okey.

I also check the setup on the tape server. They are Okey also.

Do you have any suggestion?
Is amanda-2.4.3.tar.gz works on Sun host?

( I am able to run 'amcheck' vs a linux client host without any problem)

Thanks!

David