Amanda-Users

Re: Trouble tar'ing large filesystems

2003-01-16 06:05:40
Subject: Re: Trouble tar'ing large filesystems
From: gareth AT howell.uk DOT com
To: Christoph Scheeder <christoph.scheeder AT scheeder DOT de>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 10:18:03 +0000

OK, thanks to both.
Of course I knew that really :-) At least I had considered it when I set up
the backup regime in the first place. For some reason I had forgotten it
and got it into my head that the limit was that a tar archive couldn't span
a tape.
Gareth

Christoph Scheeder <christoph.scheeder AT scheeder DOT de> wrote on 15/01/2003
10:44:39: