Amanda-Users

Re: Inexplicable amandahostsauth failure

2003-01-16 06:05:36
Subject: Re: Inexplicable amandahostsauth failure
From: Christoph Scheeder <christoph.scheeder AT scheeder DOT de>
To: Toralf Lund <toralf AT procaptura DOT com>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 11:29:26 +0100
Hi,
in your .amandahosts you have typed the servername exactly as
in the errormessage you get, do you?
and the permisions of the file are 0600 are they?
and it is owned by user amanda correct?
Christoph

Toralf Lund schrieb:
I've had auth problems with one of the hosts I'm backing up for some time; amcheck says

# amcheck -c ks

Amanda Backup Client Hosts Check
ERROR: bmw: [access as amanda not allowed from root@<server>] amandahostsauth failed

However, .amandahosts seems correct to me, and perhaps more importantly, it's identical to the ones on hosts where I don't get this problem (I even tried to copying it from another machine just to make sure), and as far a I can tell, this is true for the client setup in general, but obviously there is *something* I'm missing.

Help, anyone?