Amanda-Users

Re: Upgrade to 2.4.3 has hiccup

2003-01-03 17:30:19
Subject: Re: Upgrade to 2.4.3 has hiccup
From: Gene Heskett <gene_heskett AT iolinc DOT net>
To: John Oliver <joliver AT john-oliver DOT net>, amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2003 16:46:54 -0500
On Friday 03 January 2003 14:12, John Oliver wrote:
>[root@backup root]# su amanda -c "amcheck DailySet1"
>bash: /root/.bashrc: Permission denied
>Amanda Tape Server Host Check
>-----------------------------
>Holding disk /var/tmp: 2330384 KB disk space available, that's
> plenty NOTE: skipping tape-writable test
>Tape Indyme001 label ok
>Server check took 7.226 seconds
>
>Amanda Backup Client Hosts Check
>--------------------------------
>ERROR: backup: [Can't open exclude file
>'/usr/local/lib/amanda/exclude.gtar': No such file or directory]
>Client check: 10 hosts checked in 0.223 seconds, 1 problem found
>
>(brought to you by Amanda 2.4.3)
>
>Up until now, amanda has used /var/lib/amanda  So I created
>/usr/local/lib/amanda/ and chowned it to amanda, but I still get
> the same message.

This has the hints of leftover rpm installs of amanda.  If you did
the default prefix, then everything for the configs is in
/usr/local/etc/amanda/configname and audit trails, indices and such
will be in /usr/local/var/amanda/configname.

However, the path to the exclude file is obtained from the working
copy of configname/amanda.conf, so you may want to move the configs
from /etc/amanda to /usr/local/etc/amanda if those are the ones you
really want to use, and personally I'd set that amanda.conf so it
looked in /usr/local/etc/amanda for that exclude file.  I'd druther
have all the variables in one location myself, but as long as it
exists where it looks, it should be ok.

AMD K6-III@500mhz 320M
Athlon1600XP@1400mhz  512M