Amanda-Users

Re: Upgrade to 2.4.3 has hiccup

2003-01-04 20:38:47
Subject: Re: Upgrade to 2.4.3 has hiccup
From: "Douglas K. Rand" <rand AT meridian-enviro DOT com>
To: Jean-Louis Martineau <martinea AT iro.umontreal DOT ca>, "Douglas K. Rand" <rand AT meridian-enviro DOT com>, amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Sat, 04 Jan 2003 18:46:55 -0600

Jean-Louis> You can use the keyword 'optional' on your exclude
Jean-Louis> specification and amanda will not complain if the file
Jean-Louis> doesn't exist. You don't have to create empty files.

>> Cool! I don't see the particular syntax in the man page. (I was
>> afraid I'd just not read the page closely enough after the upgrade.
>> :))

Jean-Louis> The man page is clear:
  exclude [ list|file ][[optional][ append ][ "string" ]+]

Jean-Louis> So you need: exclude list optional ".amanda.excludes" Are
Jean-Louis> you looking at the man page for 2.4.3?

Sigh. I used a system with 2.4.2 on it. I found a 2.4.3 system and you
are right, there it is in the manual, clear as day. Where did I put
that baseball bat with RTFM carved into the end?