Amanda-Users

Re: Upgrade to 2.4.3 has hiccup -- I take it back

2003-01-06 19:14:06
Subject: Re: Upgrade to 2.4.3 has hiccup -- I take it back
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: "Douglas K. Rand" <rand AT meridian-enviro DOT com>
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2003 18:16:41 -0500
On Mon, Jan 06, 2003 at 04:15:52PM -0600, Douglas K. Rand wrote:

> I really should just learn to test things before I go off spouting
> stuff. Why is it always the case that when what I write differs from
> what I mean, it always turns out that what I write is wrong.  Sigh.

We both suffer in shame :))

> BUT!!! AMANDA 2.4.2p2 ignores the missing exclude file if it doesn't
> exist. Here is a sendbackup file. Notice that sendbackup notices that
> the exclude file (//.amanda.excludes) doesn't exist, and so it ignores
> it.
>
> I still like this behavior, but now it is Amanda's sendbackup (and
> sendsize) that checkes for the existance of the exclude file, and in
> its absence it doesn't pass it to the backup command.

I don't mind that, but I think a warning should be printed at some
point rather than have to notice in a debug file that I misspeeled
.amanda.exclude.  Is there some notice given?

In fact, if that sendbackup behavior still exists in 2.4.3 (I suspect
it does), then I think the new amcheck notice should be a warning,
not an error.

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)