Amanda-Users

Re: Need help getting started.

2002-11-10 13:35:10
Subject: Re: Need help getting started.
From: Eric Webb <ttlchaos AT randomc DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2002 12:46:32 -0500
Okay, tape labelling issues were related to device node permissions.  Silly
me.

Still having the issue with the planner.  amcheck claims it can't find the
DUMP program, despite it being installed already and detected by amanda's
configure (/usr/local/sbin/dump).

amdump logs indicate problem getting results back on the estimates.  I presume
this is because DUMP isn't being found, though I've tried it as GNUTAR with
no luck either.

--- log --
   FAIL planner alexandria hda3 20021110 0 [missing result for hda3 in
alexandria response]
-- amdump --
   error result for host alexandria disk hda3: missing estimate
--

Another question:  How do I specify device nodes for filesystems running under
LVM in linux?  These are mounted from /dev/vgname/lvname... do I just strip

> > Amanda 2.4.3
> > Linux 2.4.18 / GCC 2.95.3
> > Adaptec 2940UW and HP 24/48 (DDS-2, 4GB 6-slot internal)
> > Using chg-scsi

Thanks,
Eric