Amanda-Users

Re: special backupcase

2002-09-05 09:16:54
Subject: Re: special backupcase
From: Jim Summers <jsummers AT bachman.cs.ou DOT edu>
To: amanda-users <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: 05 Sep 2002 08:01:52 -0500
On Thu, 2002-09-05 at 07:34, Thomas Kirk wrote:
> Hey there listmembers
>
> Im kind of newbie within the backup area so maybe this isnt so special
> after all?
>
> I wanna do a full backup every weekend and incremental rest of the
> week which lead me to have

I think you will have to set up multiple disklist / configs to try and
force Amanda to do this.

> dumpcycle 7
>
> now the trouble is this will make amanda do full backups on sunday
> right? The problem is that we are doing our backup over a dslline

Amanda herself determines the level and when that level will be done
within the dumpcycle.  She tries to balance the amount of data backed up
each run so as to maximize tape usage.

> which we can't transfer a full backup over in just one day? Whats the
> solution for that? What i would like is begin the full backup on
> friday afternoon (when everybody is off for weekend) and continue over
> the weekend makeing full backup. Start monday with incremental backup
> and rotate again the next friday?
>
> Another thing is a full backup in this case is more than a tapefull
> whats the solution for that?

Each fs backed up MUST be able to fit on a tape.  You need to specify
multiple tapes / use of a tape changer would be desireable.