Amanda-Users

special backupcase

2002-09-05 08:45:40
Subject: special backupcase
From: Thomas Kirk <thomas AT arkena DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 14:34:47 +0200
Hey there listmembers

Im kind of newbie within the backup area so maybe this isnt so special
after all?

I wanna do a full backup every weekend and incremental rest of the
week which lead me to have

dumpcycle 7

now the trouble is this will make amanda do full backups on sunday
right? The problem is that we are doing our backup over a dslline
which we can't transfer a full backup over in just one day? Whats the
solution for that? What i would like is begin the full backup on
friday afternoon (when everybody is off for weekend) and continue over
the weekend makeing full backup. Start monday with incremental backup
and rotate again the next friday?

Another thing is a full backup in this case is more than a tapefull
whats the solution for that?

--
Venlig hilsen/Kind regards
Thomas Kirk