Amanda-Users

FW: [SAGE-AU] Amanda users

2002-09-03 23:43:50
Subject: FW: [SAGE-AU] Amanda users
From: Noel Paul <noel.paul AT mincom DOT com>
To: "'amanda-users AT amanda DOT org'" <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 13:21:35 +1000
Hi,

I am experimenting with Amanda on our database servers and have discovered
that we backing up our databases is proving to be a challenge using Amanda.
Specifically, we need to be able to run some pre/post script before/after
backing up certain filesystems within a backup session e.g.

if I have the following:

/db1
/
/usr
/var
etc

I want to be able to run a pre script before /db1 and a post script after
/db1, then continue backing up the rest of the filesystems in order.

Also, Amanda seems to backup the filesystems according to its own order
instead of the order listed in the config file.

Is there or will there be a feature that will incorporate pre/post scripts
per filesystems and also allow a specific order fo filesystems dump.

Thank you.

Noel Paul
Lead Unix Administrator
Mincom
Phone: 61-7-3364 9876
Fax     : 61-7-3364 9777
Email : Noel.Paul AT mincom DOT com
Http   : www.mincom.com

Mincom. The People. The Experience. The Vision.

information. If you have received this transmission in error, please delete
it and notify the sender. The contents of this E-mail are the opinion of the
writer only and are not endorsed by the Mincom Group of companies unless
expressly stated otherwise.